Saturday, November 23, 2013

Profile Of G. Henry Renteria... musician, poet, actor, long-term off-and-on guest and part-timer like me!

(Work in progress but I wanted to get at least this part of the piece on the net today!!!  Hope you like it G!)

I first met G. Henry Renteria (Gerardo Henry Renteria) shortly after I first started working at St. Vincent's.  He was doing background and extra work on a movie that was shooting nearby and they were also using his old Buick in the movie.  He would rent a room or dorm bed from time to time and would come hang out with Ross and I at Down The Hatch or one of the other local bars in the area (Half Moon, Igor's, The Garden District Pub, etc.)  He was also a regular with his guitar in the courtyard and porches of St. Vincent's.

Since I have written a few songs and a lot more song parodies, G. Henry and I became friends and I even bought a used guitar with plans on finally learning to play... although I never did!  I eventually ended up selling my used guitar to G. Henry and I'm pretty sure it's being used on at least some of his songs!

Here's a few of his songs on YouTube and his YouTube Channel is here... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCziVUVXxXsfOmtGBUF4SbIQ?feature=watch

The Who Dat Mardi Gras Song!  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp8XoG7FHNs

 

The Vu Ju Song! 



Here's a "rough" video that I took with my iPad one recent night at Down The Hatch where G. Henry did an impromptu performance of My Delta Angel to Lauren the bartender after learning it was her birthday.



Also, I shouldn't forget two of G. Henry's recent "hits" in tribute to Halloween and Thanksgiving...

Bobo The Great Pumpkin Is Coming Tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK70VUhfGQY

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated ONLY to limit spammers, profanity, etc. All reasonable comments will be approved without censorship. This blogger believes in freedom of speech.